The Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) was formed to promote and improve the quality of equestrian competition and instruction for students in grades 6-12, and CornerStone Equestrian is proud to have a wonderful IEA team!
IEA meeting for 2016-2017 season will be held on AUGUST 7, 2016 and ENTRY FORMS WILL BE DUE!
Tryouts for the CornerStone Equestrian IEA team are held at the beginning of each school year, and we compete in the Huntseat division. We are part of Zone 4.
Our amazing IEA team has an impressive history!
• 2013 regional qualifier for team
• 2013 3 zone qualifiers
• 2013 1 national champion
• 2014-2015 regional winner
• 2014-2015 4 regional qualifiers
• 2014-2015 2 national qualifiers
• 2014-2015 6th place for individual at nationals
• 2014-2015 team had more points than any other in the zone
• 2015-2016 regional winner
• 2015-2016 4 out of 7 individual titles at regionals
|Membership IEA (one time)||$60 after August 1 (paid online)|
|Team Membership (one time)||$150|
|Coaching per Show (5 total)||$75|
|Class Fees per Show (5 total)||$80|
Total 5 regular season shows, regionals, zones, and nationals which have a small price increase.
The objectives of IEA are:
• To promote the equestrian as an athlete.
• To provide students with organized competitive opportunities.
• To introduce new riders to equine sports.
• To promote the IEA among middle, and secondary schools.
• To provide students with opportunities for further education equine sports and other equine-related matters.
• To encourage liaison with USA Equestrian, Inc, IHSA and other interested bodies
• To provide information concerning the creation and development of school associated mounted and non-mounted equestrian programs.
• To establish and enforce IEA rules, standards and policies.
• To evolve with the continuing progress of equestrian sports.
• To generally promote the common interests of safe riding instruction and competition and education on matters related to the horse industry and all segments thereof.